Forest School Clothing
Appropriate clothing is essential for the smooth running of the Forest School Sessions.It will protect children and adults from extremes of heat or cold and reduce the likelihood of cuts and scrapes.
N.B. In the forest it can often be cooler than expected.
- Waterproof trousers
- Waterproof coat, with a hood.
- Long sleeved top
- Full length trousers (waterproofs in wet weather)
- Warm boots or wellies (N.B Wellies can be very cold during the winter)
- Warm Socks, and a spare pair – Cold weather
- Gloves ( better if waterproof) and Woolly hat – Cold weather
- Thermal underwear and/ or layers – Cold weather.
- Sun hat: that fits well to ensure good visibility– sunny weather
- N.B No open toed sandals even in hot weather
“there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing”.